Oven roasted spiced chickpeas
These spicy oven baked chickpeas are a tasty snack, perfect as an appetizer. They are easy and quick to prepare and make a healthy alternative to the usual potato chips and their sweetness and spiciness will amaze your palate. The recipe is an adaptation from the Australian food blog notquitenigella.com
For 3 Person(s)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 0.5 tsp dried rosemary
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 0.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 tsp teaspoon cayenne pepper or 0,25 chili powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
Oven roasted spiced chickpeas Directions
- In a bowl mix the oil with honey, spices and salt.
- Drain the chickpeas. Dry them thoroughly with paper towels.
- Pour the oil with the spices over the chickpeas and mix well. Place baking paper on a large baking tray and spread the spiced chickpeas evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180° C (350° F) for about 30 - 40 minutes stirring a couple of times while cooking. Serve warm or cold.
I like to roast in oil, salt and pepper, then toss in lemon zest. Can't stop eating them. Must try t...
See Full Review >> - annacw