Homemade cheese and veggie crackers
These cheese crackers are easy and quick to prepare. They are perfect for kids who do not like vegetables, because they contain well hidden carrot and zucchini. The sesame seeds add some flavor and protein. These crackers are my baby boy absolute favorites.
For 1 Person(s)
- 70 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g cold butter
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 1 tbsp grated zucchini
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp (or more) cold water
Homemade cheese and veggie crackers Directions
- In a bowl pour flour and add cold butter. Crumble butter in between your fingers or with a fork until you get texture of sand. Add grated carrot, grated zucchini, cheese, sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon of tomato paste and a pinch of your child’s favorite dry spice (in my case 1 teaspoon of dried basil).
- Mix all, add the cold water and knead the dough briefly until it becomes smooth. Create a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least half an hour or, if you are in a hurry, at least 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Roll out the dough. The thinner you will roll the dough, the quicker it will bake and get more crunchy. With the help of a cookie cutter, a knife or a pizza cutter, cut the shapes of your crackers. Place the crackers on a baking tray previously lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 - 15 min.
Just made these with some leftover Parmesan and cheddar cheese- they are great! My daughter (almost ...
See Full Review >> - cindyA