Lactose free cloud bread
After the great success of the regular cloud bread I decided to find a solution for those who would like to try it but are allergic to lactose. For those who do not know the cloud bread it is a delicious frittata/omelet that was baked in order to be used as a bread slice. In this version I use coconut milk and a handful of fresh rosemary to add some extra flavor. Personally between the 2 recipes I prefer this one because the cloud bread becomes more compact and tasty.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk put in the fridge on the previous day
- 1 pinch cream of tartar or baking powder
- fresh rosemary to taste
Lactose free cloud bread Directions
- Divide the eggs. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of cream of tartar until stiff.
- In the second bowl mix yolks with coconut milk and chopped rosemary. I recommend putting the coconut milk in the fridge the day before to make it more dense (the grease parte will become more dense). Add the egg yolks to the whites stir in gently.
- Divide the mixture into 6 by creating circles a on a baking tray lined with the baking paper.
Thank you for this recipe. I've been wondering if I can use some lactose free cream cheese but cocon...
See Full Review >> - Jenn