Deviled eggs with smoked paprika and capers
The deviled eggs are a tasty appetizer of American origin. The eggs are cooked until they become hard boiled and then you create a soft cream of egg yolk mixed with mayonnaise and spices. Today I would like to propose my version of deviled eggs, with a predominant aroma of smoked paprika which I think fits perfectly with this delicious appetizer.
For 1 Person(s)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 0.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 0.5 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch bottarga (roe of gray mullet or tuna, optional)
- 2 salted capers
Deviled eggs with smoked paprika and capers Directions
- To make hard-boiled eggs. Put the room temperature eggs in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the flame slightly and put the timer for 8 minutes. After this time turn off the heat and put your eggs immediately in cold water for about 5 minutes. This will stop the cooking process.Remove the shell and cut the eggs in half longwise.
- Gently remove the yolk and place it in a food processor along with the mayonnaise, paprika and mustard.
- Blend everything until smooth and creamy.
- Helping yourself with a spoon or piping bag, pour the cream into the egg whites. Garnish with a capers and a pinch of bottarga or smoked paprika.
Love this idea - foodgram